Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 11th, 2020, 12:32 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have had my 640 for about 6 weeks now. I have probably cooked on it 7 or 8 times. It has been hit or miss with the fireboard schedule. Maybe half the time I start the schedule, everything is fine than maybe an hour later I look and the schedule isn't running. I have even restarted the schedule only to find it stopped running again at some point.
Any ideas or others that have experienced this?
BTW, I have contacted Fireboard but they had little to say other than a loss of wifi signal may be the issue. I have a strong signal to the 640 and haven't experienced any issues connecting to it.
Just looking to see if someone has had this and found a solution. At this point I can't trust using the schedules.

July 15th, 2020, 12:19 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Whoops, guess I'm on my own with this issue. Setting the temp manually isn't a problem, was just fun creating and using the schedule

July 17th, 2020, 12:01 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

scooter wrote:I have had my 640 for about 6 weeks now. I have probably cooked on it 7 or 8 times. It has been hit or miss with the fireboard schedule. Maybe half the time I start the schedule, everything is fine than maybe an hour later I look and the schedule isn't running. I have even restarted the schedule only to find it stopped running again at some point.
Any ideas or others that have experienced this?
BTW, I have contacted Fireboard but they had little to say other than a loss of wifi signal may be the issue. I have a strong signal to the 640 and haven't experienced any issues connecting to it.
Just looking to see if someone has had this and found a solution. At this point I can't trust using the schedules.

I had the same issue and emailed Fireboard since I thought it was an app problem. The updated the app and pushed a firmware update out to all the Yoders that addressed this. I haven't had this issue since around 7/10

July 20th, 2020, 3:24 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I've experienced the same issue - most recently - yesterday. Any chance you could share your versionImage and yfbVersion information?

July 23rd, 2020, 10:09 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks. I have been back and forth with fireboard ever since. I will forward this to them.

July 23rd, 2020, 3:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

kc0czi wrote:I've experienced the same issue - most recently - yesterday. Any chance you could share your versionImage and yfbVersion information?

On the About menu:
Model: YS640
Version: 1.0.18
FireBoard Version:

In the device logs
yfbVersion 1.0.18

Update: Fireboard support just queued up version 1.0.21. We'll see if it help.

July 25th, 2020, 8:53 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Well I have FW ver 1.0.21. I did a cook this weekend and once again the schedule stopped. So, the update didnt fix the problem. I think it now happens every time I cook.

August 3rd, 2020, 2:05 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

scooter wrote:Well I have FW ver 1.0.21. I did a cook this weekend and once again the schedule stopped. So, the update didnt fix the problem. I think it now happens every time I cook.

Can confirm. I'm on version 1.0.21 as of now: a cook session won't stay active. It stops as soon as app focus changes, or if my phone goes into sleep mode. FWIW I checked and Background App Refresh is enabled in my iOS device for the Fireboard app.

August 3rd, 2020, 4:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I *MAY* have stumbled upon a potential resolution:

In the fireboard app dashboard, top left there is a choice of two 'views'
- Show All
- Show Active

It has been my experience today:
- If the dashboard is only showing the active probes, then the drive program continues to run.
- If the dashboard is showing ALL probes (and one is inactive), then the drive program fails.

Anyone else able to give this a try? I've also provided this feedback to Fireboard.

August 9th, 2020, 4:27 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

kc0czi wrote:I *MAY* have stumbled upon a potential resolution:

- Show All
- Show Active

- If the dashboard is only showing the active probes, then the drive program continues to run.
- If the dashboard is showing ALL probes (and one is inactive), then the drive program fails.

Anyone else able to give this a try? I've also provided this feedback to Fireboard.

I moved my wireless router on the outside chance it was a wireless issue. Cooked a brisket today. The schedule worked for about 12 hours. But in the end the schedule stopped again. I didn't see your post about active probes. Will try that next weekend.

August 9th, 2020, 4:39 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Fyi, I don't see that setting.

Screenshot_20200809-143856_FireBoard.jpg

August 12th, 2020, 8:45 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

There's a difference in iOS and Android.
Since 'Meat 2' is displayed, you're currently in 'show all' mode (showing all probes). In my experience that's the mode that will shutdown a program because a probe is not sending data (even though it's not part of the program).
Perhaps in the three-dots menu you could choose a 'show active' mode.

I've sent my findings to Fireboard, to be honest, they didn't seem very concerned, nor interested.

August 13th, 2020, 4:18 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

scooter wrote:Fyi, I don't see that setting.
Screenshot_20200809-143856_FireBoard.jpg

FYI, I did find the "show active" setting. I will try that on my next cook. Thanks.

August 14th, 2020, 3:14 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

kc0czi wrote:I *MAY* have stumbled upon a potential resolution:

- Show All
- Show Active

I did a short 1 hour+ cook last night using the "show active" option and the schedule did not stop.
I will try it again with a longer cook and see what happens. Hopefully it is just a software bug and it works again.
Thanks!

September 2nd, 2020, 4:28 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Fireboard support updated my firmware to .23 about a week ago. Since than I have had 3 cooks and the schedule has worked each time.

Return to ACS Pellet