Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
October 20th, 2019, 4:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I ordered the conversion kit for my YS 640 as soon as I saw the email on 10/9 but I haven’t received mine yet. Hopefully this week. Meanwhile, for those of you who have already received and installed the WiFi controller kit, any tips or warnings would be appreciated. How long did it take? Is one set of hands enough or will I need a friend to help? Special tools needed? Thanks.

October 21st, 2019, 11:03 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I did the conversion on the 13th. It took me about 2 hrs (in all honesty, I was watching football and having a couple of beers). Did my first reverse sear of steaks last night. Wifi worked no problem with my Comp Cart (there are people in the forum that are concerned without actually using it).

I did not need any help. The hopper once empty was easy to take off and reinstall. No special tools other than the socket sizes they call for. It was nice that they sent a couple extra self tapping screws as two that held on the hopper snapped on me. The only warning I would have is putting the hopper back on with the wifi antenna installed (if you have the comp cart). It takes a little bit of care to get it seated without crushing the antenna. The instructions were spot on and very easy to follow. Let me know if you have any other questions.
-Curly

October 21st, 2019, 4:51 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks. Hope I get mine in time to install next weekend.

October 26th, 2019, 7:24 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I started my retrofit conversion today and what I did, between steps 12-13, was change out the fan. While the hopper was out you can reach your hand to the inside and hold the nuts for the fan. Then you can eliminate steps 19-23 and you won't have to remove the fan housing. I thought it was the easiest way to go.

October 27th, 2019, 3:50 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder has now posted a You Tube video that is helpful. Wish I had seen it before I started the upgrade.
https://youtu.be/SZKCIys8mc0

Return to Pellet