Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 5th, 2015, 1:58 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My ys640 has been sqealing/sqeaking every time the auger turns during my cook today. Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Thanks,

Caleb

April 5th, 2015, 4:12 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

I get a little squeal every so often, but not on every turn. I also every once in a while get a little thump out of it. Been doing both for 5 or 6 months but does not seem to be getting any worse. I am sure yoder herb may have an idea but honestly since the first month or so I have learned to overlook it.

April 5th, 2015, 4:53 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Ya, it did it a few times every other time Ive used it, but today it was every time it fed pellets for 4 hours.

April 6th, 2015, 9:26 am
Site AdminSite Admin

There could be a foreign object in the auger. I helped a customer that had a nail stuck in the auger. He swears that it had to have come from bag of the off brand pellets that he had been using.

Check the auger motor bolts to make sure that they are tight: download/Install%20and%20Repair/Auger%20Bolt%20Fix.pdf

Yoder_Herb
May 1st, 2015, 8:17 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Yoder_Herb wrote:There could be a foreign object in the auger. I helped a customer that had a nail stuck in the auger. He swears that it had to have come from bag of the off brand pellets that he had been using.

I wasn't the customer Herb is referring to, but I have also gotten nails in some pellets before, so it can and does happen! Mfr claimed it was from the pallets that the pellets were shipped on. I have no idea where the nails came from... After that experience, I never just fill the hopper directly from the bag...I use a gallon size plastic pail and pour it slowly into the hopper to make sure I don't see nails, rocks or other foreign, non-pellet material. Luckily, I caught the nails before they damaged the smoker.

Return to Pellet