Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
September 18th, 2015, 4:47 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Dear Yoder Community--

Hoping someone can help. Need to do some repair on my 640 and have to remove old hopper assembly to replace rear panel. I have removed all the screws on the hopper side panel, removed the electronics and thermocouple harness, removed all of the self-tapping screws inside the cooking chamber and removed the 2 screws near the base of the hopper assembly inside the firepot. According to the instructions I have from Yoder, the hopper assembly should be able to be lifted off the mounting bracket at this point. I can get the hopper to move back away slightly from the main unit, but I can't get it free enough to get it off the mounting bracket. If anyone has any suggestions, pls pass along. I'm stuck with a disassembled hopper assy right now and I was hoping to cook this weekend...

Tried Yoder cust support but didn't get anyone live and haven't rec'd a return call yet and I'm afraid I may not hear now until next week...

Thanks!

TJ

September 18th, 2015, 11:26 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

I am traveling, but I did attempt to call you, but got no answer.

I am assuming that you watched the video on removing the hopper, and if not, here it is: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=362

If you have all 10 screws removed from inside the cooker, then the hopper is just hanging from the top bracket you see in the video when I removed the hopper. You should be able to pull out the bottom of the hopper a touch, and lift the hopper up off the bracket.

Yoder_Herb
September 19th, 2015, 7:58 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Thanks Herb. I did get a call from a blocked number and wasn't able to pick it up. Perhaps that was you. Sorry I missed you if so and thanks for trying to reach out!

I watched the video and I've completed all steps as far as I can tell. The hopper seems like it's sticking a bit around the auger. I'll give it another try.

Thanks again for the assistance Herb! Appreciate it.

Rick--TJ

September 19th, 2015, 10:14 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Rick...I should have been more clear, you have to pull the bottom of the hopper out away from the cooker enough to let the auger clear the hole, and then lift up and off.

Yoder_Herb
September 19th, 2015, 1:42 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Thanks Herb and no prob. The problem was that I hadn't removed one of the screws. It was buried underneath the high temp silicone that sealed the right edge of the firebox. The silicon was so thick relative to the small screw head, I couldn't even feel the screw head. Once I removed the last screw, it came right off. Thanks again!

Rick

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration