Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
October 30th, 2019, 7:40 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I’m awaiting my new YS640s from BBQ Europe which should be coming soon but I wondered why YS don’t include a pellet dump on it.

The YS640s is a high-end pellet smoker and it seems like a pellet dump would be an easy thing to add - so why don’t they? Are there any downsides to having one and how do you clean out the pellets if you don’t have one?

Thanks,

Bill

October 30th, 2019, 8:55 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I agree with you Bill. A pellet dump would definitely come in handy. I just had to empty my full hopper to do the retro kit for the "S" and took one of my kids small cups and emptied it out one scoop at a time. Definitely would allow a quick change of pellets depending on the flavor combo you are going for.

November 6th, 2019, 8:53 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

focuspuller wrote:I use a "HOMER BUCKET" from Home Depot with their vacuum attachment....sucks them quickly into the bucket...no mess

Ah - that sounds like a plan!

I was planning on getting a shop vac for cleaning the pit so no reason it shouldn't be used to empty the pellets too!

Thanks for the tip!

Bill

Return to Pellet