Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
August 12th, 2019, 11:02 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

I've been asked to cook burgers for a fundraiser for a local infant who has some serious brain issues. Please advise on the following questions:

1 - How many burgers at a time on a ys640?
2 - Recommended temp?
3 - I have the griddle and 2 piece deflector. Should I use the griddle? Use with deflector door in?
4 - Average turn around time for burgers?

Any advice is appreciated!!

Thanx-mac

Yoder 640 on a Husker themed comp cart. Go Big Red!
August 16th, 2019, 7:57 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

Since I haven't received any responses to this I'm going to just cook on the Yoder grill grates at 350º with entire 2 piece diffuser in place. We are doing brats too, but I think I'll do those in an kraut/beer hot tub on my rec tec mini and cook all the burgers on the Yoder. I'll post how things turn out in case anybody is looking at doing this in the future.

August 18th, 2019, 10:49 am
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

So the cook went relatively smoothly. I used GrillGrates for the burgers and I'm glad I did. I Only have enough of them to cover about 3/4 of the grill surface. Almost no flare ups if I used them. When I just sat the burgers on the Yoder grates, flare ups were an issue. I could get 30 1/4 lb burgers if I used the entire surface and around 20 if I only used the GrillGrate surface. Brats were precooked and wasn't expecting that, but went ahead and cooked them in a full sized aluminum pan with three beers added worked great. Didn't brown/sear them as we were running a bit behind. Did that on my Rec Tec mini running at 350. Took about 30 minutes to get the beer bubbling. Kept the cooked burgers and brats in a roaster set on warm.

Return to Pellet