Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
December 13th, 2023, 8:42 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Okay folks, the last couple overnight cooks I have had, are leaving me a little uncomfortable.

All seems well, until the shut down cycle. Well appears that all went well in the APP anyhow. The issue is, I run the full shut down cycle, and yet there is still a smoldering fire inside the unit. When it cools, and I clean it out, its a big mound of charred pellets.

I usually wheel my smoker inside the shop and store it indoors. This time, the shutdown cycled seemed to run fine, but I still left it outside for a few hours just incase. To my surprise, about 4 hours later, the hopper was smoking. Sure enough, at the auger there was smoldering pellets inside the hopper.

This seemed to cause some kind of brownish steam, pretty much everywhere that it shouldn't' be.

Whats causing this? The burn grate appears to be sitting flush against the wall, thats about all I have checked thus far.

Return to ACS Pellet