Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
September 11th, 2021, 9:24 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just got my YS640s Comp, and going thru seasoning, and getting ready to actually put it into use!

So far, loving this unit! This thing is a BEAST!

I have a GMG Davy Crockett that we use in our camper. One feature the GMG grills app has is that you can turn off the power from the main screen of the app. I use that quite often when we are away from the cooker, and I have the meat wrapped, so it just becomes a big cooler that I'm leaving the meat in until we get back to camp.

Is the only way to do that in the Fireboard app in Drive settings, and shutdown the pit? It would be nice if there was a way to do that from the main screen.

Thanks!

November 13th, 2021, 2:25 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

At least you can do the shutdown in the app. I just wish you could start it from the app. Even if you turn the power on directly on the smoker, there doesnt seem to be a way to start the pellet flow from the app. It’s too bad, I’d love to turn the smoker on, go out and do some errands, and turn it on before I get home, so it’s all up to temp and ready by the time I get home.

Return to ACS Pellet