Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
January 5th, 2021, 7:29 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Im still trying to figure out this thing, but my temps arent anywhere near what the controller is showing.

I have unplugged after every use, cleaned the burn grate every use, and cleaned the thermocouple just to be sure its not dirty.

Right now im doing a cook and the YS640s is showing that it is 360º. My calibrated ambient probe that is fairly close to the middle of the smoker on the bottom shelf is showing 237º. This temp is NEVER close, and according to Yoder the thermocouple has an algorithm that adjusts the temperature so that the temp on the readout is center bottom grate.

The last cook i did i moved my ambient probe to within 2" of the thermocouple on the side of the smoker, and it was within 2º. After seeing that it seems that the ACS controller is not compensating for the middle of the smoker, and is just doing a direct readout of just over the burn pot.

Any ideas on how i can rectify this?

Shawn

April 26th, 2021, 6:06 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Try replacing the thremo probe inside the unit.

Return to ACS Pellet