Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
December 14th, 2020, 8:27 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have been using my YS640S since June. I did the burn in and set it up as the manual and others have stated to do so and let her bump. I came from another brand of pellet grill and found this one to be very user friendly....set it and let it do it's thing. I have not set any custom cooks on it as of yet. Still figuring that out.

I cooked bacon as my first cook to help with the seasoning of the smoker. Why bacon, well I was out and it's bacon! :lol: I have cooked chicken, pork shoulders, briskets and burnt ends, steaks, potatoes, green bean casseroles, bread, (not home made) and brats come to mind.

As with new equipment, I experimented with temps and times to get a feel for how it cooked. I still have a few things to work out, but it is going really well. The temp holds steady and there is not a big temp swing when opening the lid and it recovers quickly. I am very surprised of how little ash there has been after each cook. I have been using the recommended brand of pellets, BBQr's Delight, of which I have not used before this cooker...good stuff! I like the app too. The only complaint I have is it is not self cleaning!!

I always say that it is never to cold to Que. I plan on not giving her a rest through the up coming winter months. I have been wondering if ATBBQ can just fill a standing order of pellets. ;)

Return to ACS Pellet