Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
May 1st, 2019, 11:10 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Information, documents and answers to questions relating to the Yoder Smokers ACS pellet cookers will be posted here.

Is it possible to upgrade my YS480/YS640/YS1500/Cimarron pellet cooker to the ACS ceramic igniter: Yes, the ACS ceramic igniter is a direct retro fit for all models of Yoder Smokers pellet cookers.

Is the ACS ceramic igniter available for purchase: https://www.atbbq.com/yoder-smokers-ys- ... niter.html or call 877.409.6337, option 2

Upgrade instructions to the ACS ceramic igniter for all current Yoder Smokers pellet cookers: download/Install%20and%20Repair/A92311%20PROCEDURE%20TO%20INSTALL%20CERAMIC%20IGNITER.PDF

Is it possible to upgrade to the new orange caster wheels on a standard cart YS480/YS640: Yes, but if your cart is older and does not have the new factory installed 8" rear wheels, you will need to also install them to insure the cooker is properly leveled.

Are the new orange caster wheels available for purchase: https://www.atbbq.com/yoder-smokers-ys- ... r-kit.html or call 877.409.6337, option 2

If I need the factory installed 8" rear wheels to upgrade to the orange caster wheels, are they available for purchase: https://www.atbbq.com/yoder-smokers-pel ... wheel.html or call 877.409.6337, option 2

Do I have to upgrade to the new Gen 3 burn grate:
No, this is not a requirement.

Will the new Gen 3 burn grate work in my cooker: Yes, it is a direct retrofit for all YS480/YS640 pellet cookers

Is the new Gen 3 burn grate available for purchase: https://www.atbbq.com/accessories/bbq-a ... grate.html or call 877.409.6337, option 2

Are the new counter weight bumpers available for purchase: https://www.atbbq.com/accessories/grill ... mpers.html or call 877.409.6337, option 2

Will there be ACS controller upgrade kits for Yoder Smokers pellet cookers: There will be Yoder Smokers ACS retrofit kits for all current models of Yoder Smokers pellet cookers available in Q3 (fall) and the pricing will be announced at that time.

Yoder_Herb
May 1st, 2019, 11:47 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Excited to see this thread get going. I have a YS640S ordered and am eager to learn all about the new controller.

May 2nd, 2019, 2:44 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi all, Have been using my weber for probably a little over 10 years. Still works great. Costco had a sale on Traeger Century 34. Grabbed it. Cooked great as an Oven had to return. Didn't create any smoke. Smoke rings were sad and no smoke flavor. Also felt a bit cheap.

Started looking around a few weeks and ended up here. About to pull the trigger.

Whats the benefit of the YS640s vs the ys640? Seems like these just started to roll off the production line and might have some lead time to them.

Also should mention being new to Pellet smokers this might be more general questions.
-Can leave outside on the deck if covered?
-Can operate in the rain without damaging anything?

May 2nd, 2019, 2:52 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

PlanetNein wrote:Hi all, Have been using my weber for probably a little over 10 years. Still works great. Costco had a sale on Traeger Century 34. Grabbed it. Cooked great as an Oven had to return. Didn't create any smoke. Smoke rings were sad and no smoke flavor. Also felt a bit cheap.

Started looking around a few weeks and ended up here. About to pull the trigger.

Whats the benefit of the YS640s vs the ys640? Seems like these just started to roll off the production line and might have some lead time to them.

Also should mention being new to Pellet smokers this might be more general questions.
-Can leave outside on the deck if covered?
-Can operate in the rain without damaging anything?

To better help you, please contact our Sales Team at 877.409.6337, option 1, or via email at info@yodersmokers.com

Yoder_Herb
May 16th, 2019, 12:48 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Will the older/current fireboard probes work with the new controller?

May 16th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

greasemonkey wrote:Will the older/current fireboard probes work with the new controller?

Yes, they should work.

Yoder_Herb
July 14th, 2019, 5:36 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I currently have a FireBoard Extreme BBQ Edition I use on my Yoder to monitor individual meat temps as well as pit temps in the middle of each shelf used for the cook. So I almost always use at least 2 of the 6 available channels but I have used all 6 channels for large cooks. When I finally upgrade, will I be able to use my current FireBoard in conjunction with the ACS to see additional probes used to monitor the cook all in one FireBoard cloud session?

I guess a rephrasing of my question is, for current users of FireBoard, what are the limitations we will face if we have ACS and a FireBoard system? What functionality will I gain? What current FireBoard functionality will be lost?

July 14th, 2019, 9:30 am
Site AdminSite Admin

WatchManUSA wrote:I currently have a FireBoard Extreme BBQ Edition I use on my Yoder to monitor individual meat temps as well as pit temps in the middle of each shelf used for the cook. So I almost always use at least 2 of the 6 available channels but I have used all 6 channels for large cooks. When I finally upgrade, will I be able to use my current FireBoard in conjunction with the ACS to see additional probes used to monitor the cook all in one FireBoard cloud session?

I guess a rephrasing of my question is, for current users of FireBoard, what are the limitations we will face if we have ACS and a FireBoard system? What functionality will I gain? What current FireBoard functionality will be lost?

You will be able to use both via the app. You will not loose any functionality, and gain the ability to manage the ACS.

Yoder_Herb
July 14th, 2019, 9:39 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

@Yoder_Herb, thanks for the response. I’m glad I won’t have to manage 2 sessions for each cook.

October 10th, 2022, 4:52 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Santa Fe smoker for sale built in 2011 used very little always been stored inside used less then 10 times outback bob

October 14th, 2022, 8:11 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Outbackbob wrote:Santa Fe smoker for sale built in 2011 used very little always been stored inside used less then 10 times outback bob

Return to ACS Pellet