Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 31st, 2023, 7:09 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello from Lake Lanier, GA. I'm new to the (meat) smoking world. I have a YS640S being delivered next week. Been reading a lot about them and can't seem to find the answer to a topic. Do most guys (short for people who operate smokers) swap pellet type from one type of meat to another? If so, what is your method of removing the pellets? What do you keep them in when not in the hopper? What type (not brand) of pellets work best with which meats; beef, pork, chicken, venison, antelope?

thanks in advance. Looking forward to the day when I can contribute some useful info. Thanks in advance.

April 8th, 2023, 8:40 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hmmm...lots of looks but nobody ever empties their pellet hopper to swap pellets with a different type?

April 11th, 2023, 2:51 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

After watching some YouTube videos, I decided to buy a dedicated shop vac for pellet removal. I bought six 5 gallon Home Depot buckets and a set of six different colored screw-on lids from Amazon and will put different pellets in each bucket. When I want to extract unused pellets from my cooker I'll simply vacuum them up with the dedicated (read: clean) shop vac and dump into the appropriate bucket.

Return to ACS Pellet