What would you like to see on the forum? Got an idea? Need a product that Yoder currently doesn't produce? Here is a place for your voice to be heard.
July 11th, 2024, 3:02 pm
Lad
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have a 2 year old YS 640 that works as it is supposed to, but it consistently takes much longer to cook things in it than recipes or other posts i have read would suggest. For example, I just smoked an 8 lb pork shoulder at 230 degrees, and it took about 18 hours to get to 204 degrees, even when I wrapped it it foil for the last 4 hours. I am at a loss for why it takes so long. The diffuser handle is out about 8 inches, and it is not cold where I am.

And this is not the only time this has happened- just the most recent . Nearly everything I smoke takes much longer than it is "supposed to."

Anyone have a clue what I am doing wrong?

July 12th, 2024, 8:03 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

While I'm a new YS640s user, only about 4 months now, my only suggestion would be the basic things: 1. is your firmware up to date? 2. Is the thermocouple working properly (and/or the fans)? It could be that if the thermocouple "thinks" you're at 230 degrees, but actuall at 200, that could cause longer cooks. If you haven't already, get some oven thermometers and place them (or just get one and move it around every 15 minutes or so) to ensure your temps are actually what you're setting.

Aside from that, I would utilize Yoder's support team. They helped me when the app showed I was using a probe when I was not.

Good luck!
-Mike

Return to Yoder Community Town Hall