Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
August 6th, 2021, 10:56 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi,

I received my ys640s today and the burn in went normally. I switched it off and pulled the plug. I seasoned the entire smoker after it cooled down and restarted the heat up process by adding a fistful of pellets to the burn grate.

Left to heat to 350 but after 45 minutes realized it was still at 90. Switched off again emptied all the pellets that were in the chamber vacuumed fire box.

I performed the pellet catch to ensure the igniter was turning red and it did. Switched back off. Restarted but after 30 minutes again nothing. Changed pellets(using bbq delight) and still nothing.

So I cleaned out the entire smokers and fire box again, restarted left a fistful of new pellets in the burn grate but kept diffuser door open to see what was going on.

The igniter starts up, but the pellets don’t catch on fire. After a 1&1/2-2 mins the igniter shuts off. Fans keep rolling but there’s no more heat.

I would really be gratefull for your help.

All the best,

August 8th, 2021, 5:42 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Ali1984 wrote:Hi,

I received my ys640s today and the burn in went normally. I switched it off and pulled the plug. I seasoned the entire smoker after it cooled down and restarted the heat up process by adding a fistful of pellets to the burn grate.

Left to heat to 350 but after 45 minutes realized it was still at 90. Switched off again emptied all the pellets that were in the chamber vacuumed fire box.

I performed the pellet catch to ensure the igniter was turning red and it did. Switched back off. Restarted but after 30 minutes again nothing. Changed pellets(using bbq delight) and still nothing.

So I cleaned out the entire smokers and fire box again, restarted left a fistful of new pellets in the burn grate but kept diffuser door open to see what was going on.

The igniter starts up, but the pellets don’t catch on fire. After a 1&1/2-2 mins the igniter shuts off. Fans keep rolling but there’s no more heat.

I would really be gratefull for your help.

All the best,

*Update*

My issue ended up being the burn grate placement. The left edge was sitting underneath the firepot edge. It really needs to be touching inside left edge of the smoker. The image attached is really helpful.
A27B4E12-3B78-4397-B962-1B6ECD79E4A1.jpeg

Return to Introduce Yourself