Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
March 12th, 2021, 10:55 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Excited to be joining the yoder family! I was looking at offsets for the last year and just couldn’t justify the time and attention it would require since I still have young kids. Then I got the opportunity to try a pellet grill in November and have been hooked ever since!

March 16th, 2021, 9:29 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

You're gonna love it! I went from a Traeger to the Yoder 640s and will never look back. I have 4 kids and a hectic life, so the pellet smokers are the only way to go for me!

Being a professional chef, I use this a LOT for our catering company (and our big family!) and really put it through the ringer. I opted for the cast iron insert and the grill grates (got the 2 piece diffuser plate too, but now that's standard).

Here are a few pics from some of my first cooks with the optional attachments. I have also done ribs and pork butts with the traditional grates in, not pictured but beautiful results.

Playing around with the different options has been really fun and really shows the diversity of this smoker/grill. All I want to do now is cook EVERYTHING on the Yoder!

Also, I was a staunch foil user with my Traegers but have since ditched the foil in favor of a well seasoned diffuser plate and a paint scraper. SO much easier and less mess. With the 2 piece diffuser, it's super easy to take that plate off and vacuum out the ash from previous smoke. I do that after a couple small sessions or after a long smoke. Per the suggestion of another Yoder user, get the Bucket head shop vac and cheap filters from home depot, $25. I typically vacuum if needed, start smoker and scrape anything off the diffuser once the Yoder heats up a little (hot residue cleans up much easier) and wipe down any excess grease with a rag if needed.

Attachments
20210309_171733.jpg
20210313_174955.jpg
20210313_172436.jpg
20210313_171110.jpg

Return to Introduce Yourself