Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
July 30th, 2019, 10:32 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello all,

Glad I found this forum. My ys640s on comp cart arrived this week. Super happy it arrived in perfect condition. Owning other pellet grills/smokers from "other" manufactures (you know who they are), I decided to pony up for the best of the best. This baby does not disappoint when it comes to build quality.

I've only had a chance to burned it in so far and haven't done any cooks. During the initial burn in the temp shot up to 390 when the set point was 350. Is that normal? It finally settled back down around the set point but temps varied 10-15 degrees either direction. What is considered acceptable temp swings with the ACS controller? I'd appreciate any tips to get this thing dialed in.

July 31st, 2019, 6:36 am
Site AdminSite Admin
July 31st, 2019, 10:01 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks Yoder_Herb!

Most of my cooks are going to be low and slow. I ran for a while tonight @225 and it held temps great. It also didn't overshoot the set point like it did last night. I read the links you sent and I'm not sure how to access the H setting. I'm guessing that applies only to the old controller?

I'm going to try calibrating for grate level this weekend. Love this smoker.

Thanks for all the help.

Return to Introduce Yourself