Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
April 5th, 2019, 11:06 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello everyone, My name is William and I live outside of Dallas, TX. I first got into smoking 2 years ago and bought a GMG Daniel Boone Wifi pellet grill. That pellet grill has performed amazing and it is a great first cooker. I looked at the YS480 2 years ago before I purchased the GMG, but couldn't make myself spend that amount of money for my first cooker. Fast forward to now, smoking/cooking food is my passion outside of work. I pulled the trigger this Monday and bought a YS640 on the comp cart with the backyard bundle, 2 piece diffuser plate, and cast iron griddle. I got a phone call yesterday saying my grill will probably be shipped this coming Monday. I am so excited because I have always wanted a Yoder.

Anyways, I live in Texas and have a beautiful wife and 2 young boys. I have read a lot of documents on the yoder so far (thank you yoder_herb) and will continue to keep myself updated. I will say that it was a tough decision because my top three grills I looked at were the ys640, rec tec rt-700, and blaz'n grills. I have read numerous reviews on the rec tec brand and can't seem to find a lot of complaints about them. I liked the blaz'n brand because I read that the double walled approach was actually more efficient than the yoders 10 gauge. It would consume less pellets as well as keep the heat more efficient. I don't know if that is true or not, but it did stick in my head and was a back and forth deal for days on end.

Then, I got in a battle between the ys640 and a XLarge BGE.... That went on for days...... I finally decided to stay to what was true to me for the past 2 years and buy the quality smoker I had wanted and read about all along. I can't wait for my initial cook and can't wait to make friends with all of you.

Take care and God bless.

April 5th, 2019, 11:34 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Congrats and welcome aboard!

Yoder_Herb
April 5th, 2019, 12:08 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:Congrats and welcome aboard!

Thanks Herb, I appreciate the response. I have read a lot of helpful posts from you that will help me get going when my yoder comes in, so thank you for taking the time to educate people like me.

April 5th, 2019, 12:33 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

That's what we are here for.

Here is the latest that we have finished: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1923

Yoder_Herb
April 29th, 2019, 4:52 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi, its ARNULFO from California. Its time to learn more tricks and tips for making smoky meat and BBQ.

Return to Introduce Yourself