Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
September 23rd, 2021, 2:22 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

First timer. Looking forward to seasoning a new 640 this weekend in Knoxville, TN. I have seen a post in the past about seasoning my new grill, but I'm not finding it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I was thinking 1 hour empty cook with oil coated racks, then 1 hour of bacon. Crazy? correct? Thanks for any help. Go Vols. Even now.

September 23rd, 2021, 11:08 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Not a lot of action on this site. They must all be over at Faceplace and Instapants, two platforms I avoid.

I’m new to Yoder, too, still patiently awaiting the arrival of my 640. I’ve watched this seasoning video a couple times after comparing the methods of a few others.

https://youtu.be/67JPRJxA_hU

September 23rd, 2021, 11:18 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I should have added I’ve spent a lot of time in Knoxville at UT. Had my first Krispy Kreme experience there. I’d never heard of it before. I marveled at the frosting waterfall they were all showered with. I asked about the occasional raisin I saw riding the frosting falls and was told they were flies! Hahaha! Still ate it because I’m a former farm kid and have ingested much worse. Lots of good memories of Knoxville. Beautiful city and region. Lots of local pride.

Return to Introduce Yourself