Share information about who you are, what you do, where you are from, and the equipment you use.
September 23rd, 2021, 2:22 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

First timer. Looking forward to seasoning a new 640 this weekend in Knoxville, TN. I have seen a post in the past about seasoning my new grill, but I'm not finding it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I was thinking 1 hour empty cook with oil coated racks, then 1 hour of bacon. Crazy? correct? Thanks for any help. Go Vols. Even now.

September 23rd, 2021, 11:08 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Not a lot of action on this site. They must all be over at Faceplace and Instapants, two platforms I avoid.

I’m new to Yoder, too, still patiently awaiting the arrival of my 640. I’ve watched this seasoning video a couple times after comparing the methods of a few others.

https://youtu.be/67JPRJxA_hU

September 23rd, 2021, 11:18 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I should have added I’ve spent a lot of time in Knoxville at UT. Had my first Krispy Kreme experience there. I’d never heard of it before. I marveled at the frosting waterfall they were all showered with. I asked about the occasional raisin I saw riding the frosting falls and was told they were flies! Hahaha! Still ate it because I’m a former farm kid and have ingested much worse. Lots of good memories of Knoxville. Beautiful city and region. Lots of local pride.

October 24th, 2021, 7:57 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

If I remember, I think I ran mine for about 20-30 mins at about 350. Welcome to Yoder...you will find the Yoder is one of the best investments you ever made. Enjoy the process and you will find that you will make some mistakes as you figure out what you like best. Took me about 4 briskets to get it right.

Return to Introduce Yourself