Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
December 30th, 2023, 2:42 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I attempted to replace my igniter in my 640 but it was a challenge for a guy with big hands.

The replacement instructions only tell us you need the following: 5/16" socket, small socket extension, and ratchet. What it doesn't tell you is that the tool needs to be quite small, such as the extension needing to be between 4-5" long and the wrench needing to be 3-4" long.

None of my existing ratchet tools would easily fit in the small space you need to work in. Access to the two screws is tight, and finding a ratchet tool that was short enough to fit in that space, yet be long enough for the wrench to not hit the igniter when rotated, took some time.

Found this at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CH4ZBB9H?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

This wrench does not include the 5/16" socket to attach to the extension, so you'll have to get that separately.

The length of the wrench extension is 4" which allows enough room to get the socket on the screw head and have the wrench clear the end of the igniter so you can easily access and remove the screws.

Hope this helps those of you who have had similar issues with replacing your igniter.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration