Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
October 22nd, 2021, 6:07 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey guys,

I’m interested in a YS480 but there is one catch. Because of the way our lot sits, we we have a screened in porch in the back with a very small, dinky yard beneath it that we do not use and that is hard to walk to (no stairs off the back porch).

So, we store our current grill on our back porch and then just wheel it out to our uncovered front porch when we want to use it. This makes grilling easy, since the front porch is right by our kitchen and dining room. When we move it, we have to clear two door thresholds (2 inch lift), but it’s a Weber kettle grill so this is no big deal. That grill weighs maybe 20 lbs fully loaded.

But the Yoder weighs 277 pounds. It has nice big wheels, but I’m thinking it’s going to be a big pain in the ass to move it in and out. Are you guys able to tell me how much of a hassle that’s going to be?

(Also, wife will not allow any grill to remain on front porch permanently for aesthetic reasons).

October 22nd, 2021, 8:50 am
Site AdminSite Admin

You'll be able to move the cooker over the 2" lift using the side shelf to get the caster wheels over the step and then the larger 8" wheels will make the transition with out picking up the cooker.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration