Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
October 19th, 2021, 9:21 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello!

I took delivery of my new YS-640s in late September 2021. I keep cannot figure out the problem with its WiFi connection. There is plenty of signal where the 640 sits, and the bluetooth connection worked fine.

But, every time I go to type my WiFi password, the app tells me it is the incorrect password. I followed troubleshooting steps including resetting WiFi in the app, uninstalling/reinstalling the app, etc. (Yes, my caps lock is off and I am 100% certain I am typing it correctly ;) ). I went through the process several times over the past few weeks and it still happens.

Does anyone have thoughts/suggestions on next steps?

Thanks for your time--take care.

October 19th, 2021, 10:23 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Sorry for the double post, but I found a solution that may be helpful for users with a mesh WiFi system. In short, I solved the problem.

My home network is a tri-band Netgear Orbi with 3 access points. Orbi operates by merging all SSIDs into one, meaning all devices connect to a network named "Charlie" instead of "Charlie 2.4ghz, Charlie 5ghz" etc. Currently Orbi's firmware does not allow for band splitting. It used to, but the feature was removed. As we know Fireboard is 2.4ghz only.

I found an old TP Link WiFi extender laying around the house. I set it up to work as a repeater, connected it to my Orbi, and turned off 5ghz on the extender. This gave me a 2.4ghz network under a new SSID, which I dubbed "Charlie 2.4." I went back into Fireboard, reset the WiFi settings, and successfully paired the Yoder with "Charlie 2.4." Everything seems to be working fine.

Typically even old 2.4ghz-only devices (this includes an early 2010s Brother home office scanner) connect to Orbi on 2.4ghz without issue. Knowing this and seeing the "Incorrect Password" error in Fireboard made me think it was not a connection issue. I am surprised to learn Fireboard cannot use the Orbi-type network.

October 28th, 2021, 6:34 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Came here to research this same issue I'm having with my brand new Y640s. Really sucks that this has to be the solution on a $2k+ smoker. Thanks for identifying the issue and sharing the "solution".

January 13th, 2024, 1:35 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I just wanted to say thank you. I've been using Unifi AC LR Access Points with the Yoder YS640s for 3 years with the default settings. Everything was perfect. Upgraded to new access points Unifi U6 Pro and it won't connect with invalid password error. Created a new SSID with 2.4ghz only and we're in business.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration