Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
October 3rd, 2021, 1:06 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Does anyone have trouble with their 640s dropping it’s cloud connection intermittently? Wi-Fi signal is great (100%), internet is up (I can stream 4K video), but the Yoder will just randomly quit updating the temps to the cloud and I can only get readings on my phone while in Bluetooth range. The smoker is connected to Wi-Fi and has an IP address, but no data is received by the FireBoard cloud servers. This problem makes any temp alarms useless because if I am not in Bluetooth range I don’t get them. It may stay offline for 40 minutes or so, then it will suddenly start updating again. I have talked to Yoder and they replaced my FireBoard. Same problem. They referred me to Foreboard customer service who said everything is working correctly on their end. I think I’ve narrowed it down to my cellular modem that we use for our internet connection. If I hotspot my phone and connect the smoker I don’t have any problems, but the issue shows up randomly when I connect through the cellular modem. No firewall running. I talked to the customer support of the modem company and all they said was, “we can’t guaranty compatibility with all third party devices.” Anyone run in to similar problems and have a solution?

November 13th, 2021, 10:42 pm
mwd
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am having the same issue.

November 16th, 2021, 4:18 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I can see that happening. What is your cellular connection quality? Is it always 5 to the best bars or is it kinda wonky? If you lived where you could have a solid cable modem wired to the net with 500MB throughput low ping connections make a difference?

If so, then it's not Yoders fault. You just need broadband instead of the never good cellular connection for your access to the internet. I know where you live can maker a difference. I just went from 1 GB throughput to 200 MB connection, thankfully mine is still wired.

November 17th, 2021, 4:05 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Well dunno then. Just have to figure out how to get by. My 640 of 8 years still cooks great and I don't have wifi. Seems to be a real PITA to have that bell and whistle. Maybe the 640 has a weak xmitter?

Best of luck.

November 18th, 2021, 3:36 pm
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Easy-peasy cut a hole move it. I'm sure you have the technology and tools.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration