Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
August 17th, 2020, 8:40 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I'm a long time user (2014), and should probably be able to figure this out on my own, but here goes...

I just completed my upgrade from the YS640 to the YS640s (Digital). I've smoked and grilled several times and have noticed longer than normal cook times. This last week I ordered two of the analog thermometers and installed them at the left and right suggestion places (4 inches in and 2.5 inches down).

Post install I see this...

HIGH HEAT COOKS
I am seeing a 100 degree steady variance (over two hours) from what the digital thermometer says and the analogs.

Digital says 475, Left most analog therm says 350 rightmost therm says 300.

LOW HEAT COOKS
I'm seeing about a 50~75 variance similar to the above
Digital says 225, Left most analog therm says 175 rightmost therm says 150.

I can live with this with my secret decoder ring, but is there a way to calibrate the digital system to be a bit more accurate?

Marc O'Leary

Marc O'Leary

Marc@MarcOLeary.com
(913) 685-9139 Voice
(913) 980-7010 Mobile
August 19th, 2020, 9:13 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am having the same issues.... following

August 21st, 2020, 11:30 am
Site AdminSite Admin

There is an offset that can be entered into the controller but first we will need to analyze the performance of the grill. To see exactly how your grill is performing post ACS upgrade, we have a verification test that will let us see a baseline performance with the grill setup identical to factory testing and then we can input an offset into the controller if necessary. Once you have performed the test, send the session to customerservice@yodersmokers.com so the session can be analyzed and any suggested offset can be provided.

Forgot to include the link to the test instructions: download/Best%20Practice%20and%20how%20to/Yoder%20Pellet%20Temperature%20Test%20v2.1.pdf

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration