Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Frequently Asked Questions**
**Register Your Yoder Cooker**
**Find a Dealer**
**The Yoder Smokers Blog**
January 20th, 2023, 3:48 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I've recently acquired my YS640 and completed my first long cook. I'm a pretty experienced grill and smoke guy, using BGE's, Weber kettles, and a PK. I slow cooked a 6.6 lb Boston butt @ 220 to start. Later I raised it a bit to 235 because the Egyptians built the pyramids faster. It took me 24 hrs and 3 20lb bags of pellets to complete it. The finished product was great! However, it cost me approx $80 for a $27 piece of meat. Seems too long and too expensive a cook. On a Kamado it would take me half as much time and about a third/bag of quality lump. What did I do wrong? It feels like user error here. Weather was on the colder side, it was an overnight cook that started @ 11PM and went the distance. Stalled at 150 for about 8 hrs. I removed it at 195. (I did have a drip pan with H20 in it which I think ultimately didn't help me.) Thanks for any guidance you can provide.

January 22nd, 2023, 5:55 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

What was the outside air temp?

January 24th, 2023, 3:54 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

It went down to 54 as the low on the overnight. Dropped again to 50 at sunrise and then climbed back up to high 50's throughout the next day.

Return to Manuals, Troubleshooting, Best Practices, FAQs, Cooker Registration