Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 13th, 2015, 8:55 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey guys,

I recently acquired a ys 640 unit and now I have spent some serious time hunting for pellets. I live in the Northeast, so the big challenge for me is finding pellets that are reasonably priced and getting them shipped without selling a kidney although sometimes I think it might be worth it. So far I have been following the masses and purchasing the BBQrs Delight 20 lb bags. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

-John

April 13th, 2015, 9:25 pm
Site AdminSite Admin
April 13th, 2015, 10:19 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

If you have a Menards store anywhere near you, you can get Pit Boss BBQ pellets there........its like a Lowes and Home Depot big box store popular in the midwest. Not sure if you if there are any near you. Their Pit Boss branded pellets can be had for under $20 for a 40lb bag. They seem to work just fine for me and have not noticed any adverse effects from using them. The flavors available are Hickory, Apple and a Competition blend.

April 14th, 2015, 6:21 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Boy, that's a tough one. Have you used Google using your zip code and trying a general search? You can also use the brand name of pellets and your zip. Look at Lumberjack and Q pellets, two good mix types. I have used both and like them. They are the same company actually. One is a good pork/chicken mix and another is more for beef. They are a mix of good flavors. PM me for another company, I can't directly give links here, not allowed. Maybe I can just say Owens BBQ.

I found Lumberjack and Q in my local area so I just buy them. Shipping to the desert in Vegas is silly expensive, and I don't smoke enough to justify a 1/4 pallet.

I also use bags of pure flavor in a tube smoker to change the flavor profile, like for salmon etc.

April 15th, 2015, 7:37 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Thanks for the quick replies. I really appreciate the help and information. I found a spot online that sells 20lb bags of BBQr delight for around $20 with free shipping. I'm happy with that for now.

April 15th, 2015, 11:03 am
Site AdminSite Admin
April 16th, 2015, 6:59 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I recently moved to GA from NJ. I would buy my pellets here link removed by moderator John is a great guy and will take care of you.

May 1st, 2015, 7:55 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

I live in MA and buy CookinPellets Perfect Mix from a guy who's a distributor in CT at $26 for a 40 lb bag. As I just said in a related post, I would love to find BBQr's Delight pellets locally for similar prices, but after shipping, they're always significantly more expensive for me, even in pallet sizes. If you're interested in CookinPellets Perfect Mix, you can find his info on their website under the distributor section. If you find BBQr's Delight pellets for $26 for a 40 lb bag (or $13 for a 20 lb bag), I'd be very interested in splitting a shipment with you. PM me anytime if you find a deal!

Return to Pellet