Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
February 26th, 2015, 10:32 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey All...

I haven't received (ordered it) my Yoder YS480 yet. So I'm gearing up with supplies so I can hit the ground running.

I don't know how long the electrical cord is on the Yoder so I'll probably need an extension cord.

What I need to know;

What grade or gauge type of extension cord do I need for my Yoder.

When I go to Home Depot or Lowes and go back to the extension cord area...what do I look for.

I don't want one that's to weak for the current...especially using it for several hours. Maybe an extra strong on just to be in the safe side??!!

Tips and pointers on an extension cord please.

Thanks!!

February 26th, 2015, 2:38 pm
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

12 or 14 gauge will work. Some like the indicator light to check for connection. Always a good idea to not have too much length...if you really only need 25' no need for 100' as there can be a little power loss and then you have a lot of extra to roll up or get in the way. Either way for what ever size you get the price will only go up about $5 for a similar size in the next gauge up. Good site to go to would be Harbor Freight...should show sizes and options.

February 26th, 2015, 5:39 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The cord that comes with the cooker is 10' in length. Keep the extension cord as short as possible.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet