Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
August 6th, 2021, 9:43 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hello,

I purchased a YS480s and after watching a dozen videos and scrolling through this forum, cannot for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.

The issue is the igniter does run either hot enough or long enough to start the pellets on fire. I loaded the hopper with pellets, put some pellets in the burn grate and hit start. Pellets fall in, the igniter gets red hot but a fire never happens. Even after it goes through it's start up process I hit re-ignite and nothing.

Figured it was the pellets so I bought another bag of a different brand and same result. I managed to get it started by lighting some pellets with a bbq lighter and then I had a raging fire due to the amount of pellets but I was trying to do the burn in so I let it go for a while unplugged and then plugged it back in and kept it running.

I've tried plugging straight in without an extension and my brother in law, who is an electrician, checked the outlet to make sure there's enough power coming out.

Anyone ever had this issue? Is it worth contacting Yoder for a replacement? Seems odd as I can only guess that the igniter rod is either on or off.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks

August 6th, 2021, 10:59 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have the same issue with my YS640s that I got today.

Burn in worked fine. It’s when restarted the machine the second time that igniter wasn’t able to light pellets

Return to Pellet