Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 10th, 2021, 12:35 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Has anyone had issues with rust? We live in a dry climate. I purchased a ys640 4 days ago and unboxed it 3 days ago and noticed rust on the hood and the counter weight.

Has anyone else had issues with rust?

Not happy to see this when I didnt even use it.

Mike

Attachments
IMG_1537.jpg
August 7th, 2021, 8:21 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My new ys640s comp cart arrived a few days ago with some minor cosmetic scratches and dings to the paint on the inside/outside of the door and a few other spots but not as bad as in your picture and no rust. It looked more like damage during transport so no time for rust to form on the bare steel. Thats a pain, sorry. I was able to clean mine up real nice with the paint provided from Yoder and it looks like nothing had every happened.

Here are the instructions from Yoder on prepping and painting that ATBBQ kindly provided me, hope this helps:

https://atbbq.zendesk.com/attachments/token/Z4FtGQMxKIvNUDopce2W5JtWv/?name=Prep+and+Paint+Procedure.pdf

YS640s Comp Cart / Smoked meat newbie

'He is a large man, with a white mustache, and a midsection that reflects a forty-year interest in Texas barbecue.' ~ Calvin Trillin

Return to Pellet