Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
August 17th, 2020, 8:43 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I'm strongly considering investing in a pellet smoker. I've started a new job and travel a lot and I have young kids and am doing a lot on the weekends. I like the idea of getting something that will produce great bbq plus allow me to get my sleep and not need to tend to a fire. After researching I've narrowed it down to two smokers the Yoder YS640 w/ competition cart or the MAK 2 Star General. It appears that you get more form money with the Yoder and it's still made in the USA. How do you owners of the Yoder YS640 like it and how does your bbq turn out. Last thing to add I've never done competitions before but might considering doing some local comps. Thanks.

August 17th, 2020, 11:20 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I went from a Masterbuilt electric to the Yoder 640 with Comp Cart (recently upgraded the module to the S), so I can't compare to the Mak. I love my Yoder. It keeps my families belly and our freezer full. Great BBQ and guests rave about what I am able to produce. I too loved to smoke but was tired of tending to all night briskets or 3am shoulders. Numerous times, I set something on at night go and go to sleep knowing that the Fireboard will alert me to anything wrong. (Hasn't happened).

I did enter my first local competition last year and didn't get last but was up against some real professionals. I was the only one out there with only one smoker. Ribs and chicken need different temps so I did the best I could. Two other teams (one that placed 1st overall) had two 640s each.

I have been reverse searing steaks on the Yoder for three years now and my family won't eat them any other way.....

Let me know if you have any specific questions. Happy to help!

-Curly

December 26th, 2020, 11:01 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I've had a Yoder YS1500 for over 5 years. Prior to that I had a YS 640. Prior to that I had a custom built 500 gallon propane tank smoker that would do 108 half chickens at one time. I owned a restaurant that served BBQ for 15 years.

Buy the Yoder and don't look back. The thermal stability, flavor, ease of use coupled with Yoder's legendary customer support should make you tip to the Yoder.

I've got a review up for the Yoder 1500. It's down a page or two, but worth reading.

Good luck,

Bob

December 30th, 2020, 1:59 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Traeger 10 years...YS640 since 2018. Upgraded ACS this last year. Week before Christmas did Boston Pork Shoulder and 12 Costco chicken breasts at the same time. Christmas day 3 racks of Ribs using 3-2-1 method. They were absolutely wonderful. Traeger was good...Yoder is spectacular!
Jim

Return to Pellet