Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 22nd, 2020, 9:36 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just wondering if there is a time of year when there are sales or maybe just a shorter wait time. Looking at the YS 640. Thanks

July 26th, 2020, 4:24 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Very quiet out here in cricket land.

July 26th, 2020, 5:27 pm
* Wichita ** Wichita *

I have owned the 640 for nearly 5 years. I think I was kinda like you. I did my research heard all that I needed to hear, but then thought I would try to somehow get my price down to where I could live with it.
After looking and perusing cl and many of the sites, I came to the conclusion that 1) used ones were pretty hard to come by and 2) there really did not seem to be a sale price. I then pulled the trigger and drove 3 hours each way to pick up my new YS640. My only regret is that I waited as long as I did!

That like I said was approx 5 years ago and yes things have changed. I did just see a used one for sale on cl locally, and also noticed one for sale closer to where I bought. In that time the price for new has gone up slightly as well as a few upgrades that can be bought with.

So, to sum it up. I would be surprised in todays day and age if the price is going to go down. There may be a few used ones around if you are inclined to go that route, but overall...better to buy sooner rather than later. One thing for sure...it will up your game and make smoking simpler!!

Hope this helps and happy smoking!

July 28th, 2020, 1:20 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

westhemess1 wrote:I have owned the 640 for nearly 5 years. I think I was kinda like you. I did my research heard all that I needed to hear, but then thought I would try to somehow get my price down to where I could live with it.
After looking and perusing cl and many of the sites, I came to the conclusion that 1) used ones were pretty hard to come by and 2) there really did not seem to be a sale price. I then pulled the trigger and drove 3 hours each way to pick up my new YS640. My only regret is that I waited as long as I did!

That like I said was approx 5 years ago and yes things have changed. I did just see a used one for sale on cl locally, and also noticed one for sale closer to where I bought. In that time the price for new has gone up slightly as well as a few upgrades that can be bought with.

So, to sum it up. I would be surprised in todays day and age if the price is going to go down. There may be a few used ones around if you are inclined to go that route, but overall...better to buy sooner rather than later. One thing for sure...it will up your game and make smoking simpler!!

Hope this helps and happy smoking!

You're probably right. Thanks for the sage advice.

Return to Pellet