Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
May 16th, 2020, 9:53 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I smoked some almonds today and then added 3 racks of ribs when they were done. After 3 hours went to wrap ribs in aluminum foil and discovered my temperature was way down. I removed the trap door to discover the fire box area was full of pellets to the point of overflowing. I unplugged and started the smoker again but it did not light, so I lit it manually. The temperature was not stable and I finished the ribs in the oven. Ideas?

May 17th, 2020, 2:24 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Is it possible that the pellets have picked up some moisture? I’ve had this with another grill, the pellets picked up some moisture and formed a bridge in the hopper, when the pellets below run out you loose the fire.

May 18th, 2020, 6:22 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

600hpcummins wrote:Is it possible that the pellets have picked up some moisture? I’ve had this with another grill, the pellets picked up some moisture and formed a bridge in the hopper, when the pellets below run out you loose the fire.

I think I have a thermocouple issue. Today, I unplugged it and then turned it back on. Initially, it seemed to work well. I tested both fans....all okay. It fired up, so the igniter works. I shut it down and repeated and this time, the temperature went up to over 500 degrees just shortly after starting it up.

I've ordered a new one. I just don't understand how the firebox got flooded with pellets!

Return to Pellet