Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 12th, 2020, 12:47 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I have had a couple of runaways at startup lately where my 640 will be close to 550ºF when it's set to 350º. I attribute this to excessive grease and lots of smoke from it. Yes, need to clean more often... Anyway, it seems to me that the ACS has no idea what to do during this situation and just keeps dropping pellets while the fans run at their normal one-speed.

Are the fans supposed to be variable and controlled in any way by the ACS setpoint? I imagine being able to slow their rate would add to the effectiveness of the controller.

thanks

March 30th, 2021, 11:57 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am also very curious about it because I really don't have information in this regard. In fact, I am the person who likes to be informed on as many topics as possible because in this way I can develop multilaterally, which is a huge advantage in everyday life. For example, the other day I had an unpleasant incident and I had to go to air conditioner servicing because I didn't know how to fix it on my own. At the same time, when they repaired, I tried to be as careful as possible and not to miss any details and in this way, I learned many new things.

April 15th, 2021, 2:20 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Shamshel wrote:I am also very curious about it because I really don't have information in this regard. In fact, I am the person who likes to be informed on as many topics as possible because in this way I can develop multilaterally, which is a huge advantage in everyday life. For example, the other day I had an unpleasant incident and I had to go to air conditioner servicing because I didn't know how to fix it on my own. At the same time, when they repaired, I tried to be as careful as possible and not to miss any details and in this way, I learned many new things.

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM.

Return to Pellet