Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
October 26th, 2019, 6:56 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I started on my upgrade today and it went very smooth. The instructions were clear and complete. But a couple of questions.

On Step 8, my ground wire was yellow, not green. That was the wire attached to the the ground terminal of the power socket and a nut on the inner wall, so I hope that was the right wire to leave.

On steps 19-22, why do we replace the inner fan? The new fan was identical to the old fan. Same brand, model number, label, everything. That was one of the more difficult parts of the upgrade. Was it really necessary if we already had the same fan?

On Step 23, what “sound deadening material”? I don’t see anything. Where is it supposed to go? Do I need to get some “fuzzy Velcro” and put in here somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Looking forward to my first cook with the ACS Wi Fi controller.

October 26th, 2019, 7:34 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I started my retrofit conversion today and what I did, between steps 12-13, was change out the fan. While the hopper was out you can reach your hand to the inside and hold the nuts for the fan. Then you can eliminate steps 19-23 and you won't have to remove the fan housing. I thought it was the easiest way to go.

October 27th, 2019, 10:37 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Good idea. Did you find the “sound deadening material”? Was your replacement the exact same fan?

October 27th, 2019, 11:03 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

The sound deadening material was already on my fan housing from before. The fan looked the same to me also, but there was no part number on my old one, I'm sure theres a reason why we needed to change it.

October 27th, 2019, 3:45 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

There was no sound deadening material on my fan or housing. I put a strip of insulation tape on top of the housing, below the auger motor. Hope that was okay.

Return to Pellet