Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 23rd, 2019, 9:30 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

So I decided to upgrade from my Traeger to a better grill. I came across the Yoders and have all but settled on the 640's. My biggest hold up at this point is should I go with the regular 640 or should I spend just a little bit more and go with the 640s? I'd like to purchase one here within a couple weeks and have talked to the dealers around me to see which models they have available.

Any help would be appreciated.

July 24th, 2019, 8:15 am
Site AdminSite Admin

This is a personal preference for your to decide, i.e., do you desire WiFi connectivity with a built in 2 port Fireboard, or standard controller with no WiFi or built in probes? The basic functions of how the controller works has not changed.

Yoder_Herb
July 24th, 2019, 12:48 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Yoder_Herb wrote:This is a personal preference for your to decide, i.e., do you desire WiFi connectivity with a built in 2 port Fireboard, or standard controller with no WiFi or built in probes? The basic functions of how the controller works has not changed.

Alright, that helps me out a little bit knowing the basic function is basically the same. The only other difference I saw was that the ceramic ignition system was slightly different. Is the new style the way to go?

July 24th, 2019, 3:08 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

The ceramic igniter is available now to retrofit into any of the Yoder Smokers pellet cookers: https://www.atbbq.com/accessories/grill ... niter.html

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet