Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 17th, 2019, 11:17 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey fellas, I ordered my two piece diffuser a few days ago and just now realized I failed to order the GrillGrates to go with it. This made me start thinking about a problem I'm having on my gas grill.

I have a Weber Genesis and enjoy using it for burgers and sausages after work when I'm pressed for time. Last fall I purchased GrillGrates for it and really enjoyed how they kept the flareups down and seemed to distribute heat a little more evenly. As I used them more though, I started getting black flecks on my food. As far as I can tell, when fat drips into the valleys, it hits the black carbon build up and when it vaporizes it blows black flecks onto the food.

I've tried searching the Internet, and evidently I'm the only person that has this problem. I usually crank up my grill, give it 15 mins to smoke itself off, and used the GrillGrates tool to scrap out the valleys. I've even used the grill brush they came with to try and clean it up a little better.

Has anyone had this problem on the YS640? If so, have you found any way around it? I really don't want to pull my GrillGrates off the Weber every cook and wash them in the sink. If I have to go that route I'll probably just put the old Weber stock grates back on.

March 18th, 2019, 9:53 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Never had an issue, maybe the Weber doesn't get as hot as they do on the YS smokers.

Return to Pellet