Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 25th, 2015, 7:29 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Brought my new YS640 home last night, I am highly impressed with the quality of the smoker. Have a friend that has a Treager and it is not even in the same league as the Yoder. I got it all assembled and read over the instructions, I started the 350 degree burn for an hour. The cooker started fine and the temp was headed up. When it got to 320 it stalled. I waited on it for about 30 minutes but that is all it wanted to do. It still showed to be in the heat up mode, never went to maintenance. The set point was 350, I pushed the prime button twice for 45 sec and the temp got to 330. The outside temp was 50, and I was using BBQ's Delight Applewood pellets. The temp gauge on the lid registered the same temp, 320-325. Any thoughts???

April 25th, 2015, 1:06 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

What is the serial number and manufactured date on the door plate?

What is the firmware version? This is displayed for 2 seconds after you flip the power switch to the ON position.

Whom did you purchase the cooker from?

Do you have BBQr's Hickory or Pecan pellets that you could try?

Where do you have the sliding damper set?

Di you have foil anywhere in the cooker?

I know that this is a lot of questions, but I need you to help me get on the same page as you by being my eyes and hands. We will get it figured out. If you are asking me to provide just an guess without knowing more, I would say it is the pellets.

Yoder_Herb
April 25th, 2015, 5:31 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

It is serial 19195. Date. 4/7/15. Bought at Outdoor Home in Nixa,Mo. No foil, firmware U27 Damper was in the full open position for 45 min then I pushed it to halfway and it made no difference. I see on your news page there is a firmware update,how do I get that? And yes I have some hickory pellets I can try tonight,

April 25th, 2015, 5:39 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Send the serial number and manufacture date, along with your full shipping address and phone number to customerservice@yodersmokers.com.
Upon receipt of your email, you will be sent a form to fill out and send back for the update.

Try the hickory and let us know.

Yoder_Herb
April 25th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

...or you may contact the dealer, as they will have the update available as well.

Yoder_Herb
April 25th, 2015, 5:47 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Seasoning the smoker with four pounds of bacon as we speak, set the temp at 250, working perfect, went to maintenance mode at 250, I will contact customer service for the update, Thank you. And again, my compliments on a nice smoker, I sold a backwoods because I was tired of the mess, it looks like I am going to enjoy the Yoder.

May 5th, 2015, 5:41 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Got the firmware upgrade having trouble installing. Green light flashes once upon plug in, plugged cord into controller first then the upgrades, when I push the button light flashes green once then goes to solid red???? Put new battery in the upgraded.

May 5th, 2015, 7:07 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

Please send the programmer and cable back, using the prepaid label, and we will get another one sent out to you. Please send an email to customerservice@yodersmokers.com to let us know when you have sent the programmer and cable back.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Yoder_Herb
May 5th, 2015, 7:29 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Not a problem. Thank you

May 6th, 2015, 6:37 am
* Kingman ** Kingman *

Question Yoder Herb, is the PC board easy to replace? Just some connectors and a few screws to hold it? In these cases you ever think about cross-shipping the board with the update? Sometimes that's an easy way, especially if the user is comfortable doing it.

May 6th, 2015, 8:41 am
Site AdminSite Admin

The board is $159.99 to purchase, and to do this we would have to use the boards sent back to us as the boards we send out updated. So the question is, how do you feel about getting a previously used board, from a cooker potentially older than yours? We feel that the best option is to send out the programmer to do the update, as the board doesn't have to be disconnected from the wiring harness to update it.

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pellet