Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
June 4th, 2018, 9:49 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: January 22nd, 2018, 12:21 am
  • Posts: 5

I have a YS640 and the Air Force is moving me to the United Kingdom in August. Will the YS640 work there as is with a US to UK power plug adapter? If not, will I need to use a 220VAC to 110VAC step down transformer to power the smoker or will I need to swap out the internal power supply?

March 26th, 2021, 3:17 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: February 22nd, 2021, 4:06 am
  • Posts: 2

Sorry, this topic is quite old, but I did not see any answers to it and would like to share my opinion about it. I believe that you will need to replace the internal power supply adapted to the power supply conditions in the United Kingdom. I had a similar situation when I moved from the United Kingdom to Australia. There are completely different conditions and one of the employees of the transport company helped me to deal with this situation, who often noticed a similar problem with people who came there.

March 26th, 2021, 3:54 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: February 22nd, 2021, 5:36 am
  • Posts: 1

Could you tell me some more information about it? Let’s talk in PM

May 31st, 2023, 6:57 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: May 31st, 2023, 6:56 am
  • Posts: 1

Moving to the United Kingdom sounds like an exciting adventure! Regarding your YS640 smoker, it's essential to check its power requirements. If it operates on 110VAC and you're in the UK, which uses 220-240VAC, more than a power plug adapter is required. You may need a step-down transformer to convert the voltage or consider swapping out the internal power supply. You might also want to explore full-service movers. They can assist with all aspects of your move, making the transition to the UK easier.

February 8th, 2024, 2:41 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *
  • Joined: June 14th, 2023, 7:30 pm
  • Posts: 1

Moving across the pond, huh? Exciting stuff! As for your YS640, using a US to UK power plug adapter should work fine, but you might need to check if it can handle the voltage difference. If not, snagging a step-down transformer could do the trick. Swapping out the internal power supply might be overkill, so try the adapter first. Oh, and speaking of moves, last time I switched pads, I went with this cheap moving company, and they were surprisingly top-notch! Saved me a ton of cash and hassle. Might be worth considering if you're ballin' on a budget.

Return to Pellet