Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
April 19th, 2021, 10:22 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I know this subject has been covered quite a bit. My problem is that the welds broke on the bracket that the damper rides on. It is easily made to go askew and causes the damper to get stuck. then i have to open up the grill to free it....not an easy task i have found. has this happened to anyone else and how have you fixed it? I am not a welder so wondering if a piece of angle iron or something would be suitable.

April 19th, 2021, 3:55 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

JoeG660 wrote:I know this subject has been covered quite a bit. My problem is that the welds broke on the bracket that the damper rides on. It is easily made to go askew and causes the damper to get stuck. then i have to open up the grill to free it....not an easy task i have found. has this happened to anyone else and how have you fixed it? I am not a welder so wondering if a piece of angle iron or something would be suitable.

How old is your cooker?

Return to Pellet