Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
March 4th, 2015, 11:17 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Has there been a design change on the Kingman in the last 3-4 years? I viewed a YouTube video(2011 I believe) of a Yoder Kingman and it featured a heat management plate lever on the firebox end of cooking chamber......similar to the YS1500. Looking at your Kingman offering here on your website I do not see that HMP lever. So whats the story? Thx

March 5th, 2015, 10:25 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I just bought my backyard model last fall and it didn't come on mine, so I guess you can custom order one but they no longer come standard??

They still look like they are on the competition cart models though.

March 5th, 2015, 1:02 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi kcphilaflyer........you mean like on the YS 1500 pellet smoker right? The Kingman offset smoker does not get the Comp Cart option or HMP lever unless you custom order, I think. :?:

Those Kingmans look sweet. Needless to say....you're having a blast with yours.

March 5th, 2015, 4:47 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

You're right, I guess I meant the Cimmaron/Frontiersman have the control lever, forgot the Kingsman doesn't come in comp cart like you mentioned.

Although I guess it would be a nice thing to have, the heat plate on its own does a good job spreading the heat out, and once you cook enough on it, you learn to use the hotter/cooler spots to your advantage, like being able to cook chicken and pork at the same time.

March 6th, 2015, 9:42 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I talked to Mike @ Yoder today via email and he said that the HMS with control lever is standard on the Kingman Backyard model.

March 7th, 2015, 1:15 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Gents, sorry I didn't get to this sooner, as I am at the Fiery Foods and BBQ show in New Mexico.

The backyard Kingman does NOT have the HMS with the sliding damper plate. It has a removable HMP (heat management plate) like the loaded Wichita. The Kingman Comp, with square firebox, which is no longer available and replaced by the Cimarron, had the HMS with sliding damper plate.

I hope that that this clears this up.

Yoder_Herb
March 7th, 2015, 8:49 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hmmm. Looks like I got some bad info from Yoder yesterday. I even asked twice just to make sure.

April 10th, 2015, 12:21 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

LMAO!!! I work in Iraq so I'm usually out of touch for months at a time. I had no idea my Kingman Comp Cart had become obsolete. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. Right now is also the first time I am seeing the Cimarron. I must admit that it is one gorgeous smoker.

Loving my Kingman Competition Cart!

Return to Stick Burners