Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
December 3rd, 2019, 11:33 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Looks like the world wants easy.
So much stuff for the Pellet gang, but for stick burner fans, this index page stays pretty sparse, which means either very few bother posting here, or perhaps we are a reclusive bunch. LOL

As a retired firefighter, I went to a gathering of the current gang last night, (an annual get together), and saw tons of pics from. "this is what I did on my pellet grill- pineapple upside down cake, --here is my pizza,,,etcetera.... while I realize we have a whole different perspective of style and perfection, it got me thinking about how sparse this 'stick burner' index seems to remain. Guess the money is in the pellet crowd.
Anyway, just an observation...

For those with the Wichita any advice on (2) temp probe port placement? Next to each other??? (using the already accessible yoder diagram for a single port)

I also asked many months back, for comments about the different "zones" of the Wichita, especially when using the second shelf. All I got was the sound of silence.

Any tips about where to place different meats when really loading the Wichita?

Y'all have any suggestions or favorite stick burner resources for recipes?

Just seems like this page stays pretty sparse, except for.."I got my new Wichita..."

You are the torch carriers for traditional barrel cookers. You will still cook when the pellets get wet, the lights go out and there ain't any electric or parts to refurbish, and your results will always be better.,,

Fire up and share!

December 3rd, 2019, 6:52 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

We definitely sell many more pellet cookers compared to the offset cookers.

Check out http://thesauce.atbbq.com/as some of the videos are cooked on the first serial numbered Wichita.

Yoder_Herb
December 2nd, 2020, 8:56 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I for one love cooking on the Wichita. Stick Burners is what I learned on and I enjoy the craft of working my stick burner. I have two probe ports next to each other, both on the chimney end of the cook chamber. With long enough wires, you can put them anywhere and run to the meat. I also run my grate probe (alligator clip) down through the chimney itself.

As far as zones go, it is definitely hotter toward the firebox side. Meat placement all depends on what I'm cooking. I normally use the 2nd shelf for smaller stuff like poppers or sausages.

As far as really loading it, I try to keep some space around the meats. I have never packed it. The most I have ever done was 6 pork shoulders all on the lower racks. Honestly, I don't even cook poultry on mine. I mostly stick to Brisket, Pork Shoulder, Pork Ribs, Beef Ribs, occasional meatloaf and sausages. If you regularly have the need to pack the Wichita, I would upgrade to the Kingman and allow yourself some space around the meats and have room to work and let the air flow among the meat.

Return to Stick Burners