Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
July 30th, 2019, 10:41 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I purchased a new Wichita "Loaded" just weeks ago. I LOVE IT! It was manufactured in June of 2018, and I bought it from a dealer in June of this year (2019).

I have had outstanding customer support as mentioned in earlier posts that I have made. I am curious, however, after reading many hours of posts on this and other forums regarding fire and temperature management, besides the obvious "lowering" of the draft management damper on the Wichita firebox door, were there any other changes by June 0f 2018?

WHY DO I ASK? Simply put, I am trying to sort out when reading other posts, what may or may not be due to design/functional changes versus user inexperience and what remedies may be applicable.

July 31st, 2019, 7:01 am
Site AdminSite Admin

Our offset cookers are very efficient, and only require a small hot fire to function properly. If the fire is too large, it will require more oxygen than what is allowed in through the door damper. If the fire is sized properly, the door damper will allow the proper amount of oxygen into the firebox to feed the fire. The basic issue is learning proper fire management for the cooker, as it was designed to function, rather than redesigning the cooker to function in a completely different manner, and fighting fire management.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCX5C0DIrfc

Yoder_Herb
December 2nd, 2020, 8:39 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

My Wichita was made in April 2018. I run a small fire but sometimes I need to keep the firebox door cracked about a 1/2 inch. Seems to make a happier fire. I don't know if mine is before or after any design changes but I've learned how to use my smoker well and I am very happy with it. I really think BBQ involves a good amount of time and tinkering and learning your cooker. Each cook is a little different depending on the wind, etc. Tinker on!

December 20th, 2020, 12:20 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

AFTER ALL THE READING of earlier posts going back YEARS, and after viewing many posts about fire management, I am still curious as to what changes were made and when they were made regarding the fire side door, damper height etcetera ... comparing earlier models to later. Just curious, as changes do reflect evolution in development and customer response. Pictures would be very interesting...

That aside, I really love Yoder WichitaLoaded, and have no regrets in the selection of this outstanding product. My wishes are that all members of the Yoder community, consumers and producers, be blessed with a happy and healthy Christmas and New Year!

Return to Stick Burners