Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder Stick Burners.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Backyard** - Cheyenne, Wichita, Loaded Wichita, Kingman, Durango 20", Durango 24", Stockton
**Trailer Mounted** - Santa Fe, Chisholm, Frontiersman
**Competition** - Cimarron, Kingman, Frontiersman
**Custom Trailers, Combinations and Competition Cookers**
July 29th, 2020, 1:02 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi,

I would like to buy a Yoder Wichita smoker very soon. However, I'm most likely going to move to a new house next year. The Yoder Wichita is quite heavy. Has anybody had issues with damage to a Yoder Wichita when moving to a new house? Can it be disassembled and reassembled at the new residence? Does it make sense just to wait and purchase the unit next year, when I move to the new house?

Thank you

August 24th, 2020, 9:30 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I take my Wichita to comps with not too much trouble. yes it is heavy but as long as you have a couple of people it isn't too terribly hard to get on a trailer given that it has a ramp. I've taken it all over with no damage, the thing is a tank!

March 23rd, 2021, 9:59 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Your smoker will be damaged if you choose to do it with a moving truck, believe me. Also, when it comes to objects like yours, postal delivery is not the best option, I really hope you understand why. Have you come across any businesses that assist people in relocating and caring for their personal property? I'll tell you right now if you don't know. For example, my brother works at movers and has told me that they take excellent care of their customers' goods. If that wasn't the case, I doubt consumers would continue to use their services. In any case, you can at least take a look at their website. Mate, it's well worth your time.

April 14th, 2021, 11:11 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

From my own experience, I know that the Yoder Wichita can be reassembled. If you are moving to a new property be sure that you disassembly the Yoder properly, not to lose any piece of it. I think that it's not so hard to do it. Recently, I also moved into a new property. I found a house and lot for sale in the Philippines at a very accessible price. From my point of view, I've made a good decision. I was very attracted by the zone. Anyway, it's a good investment. My wife and kids will enjoy this amazing house.

April 19th, 2021, 12:51 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Kasabar wrote:From my own experience, I know that the Yoder Wichita can be reassembled. If you are moving to a new property be sure that you disassembly the Yoder properly, not to lose any piece of it. I think that it's not so hard to do it. Recently, I also moved into a new property. I found a house and lot for sale in the Philippines at a very accessible price. From my point of view, I've made a good decision. I was very attracted by the zone. Anyway, it's a good investment. My wife and kids will enjoy this amazing house.

How much did you paid?

May 14th, 2021, 6:34 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

What is there to disassemble? The Yoder wichita does not come apart except for the cooking grates, wood grate and chimney. As people have said, it is built like a tank and probably the least likely item that you own to get damaged in a move. If you don’t secure it, I’m sure it could do some damage to other items.

Return to Stick Burners