Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
July 8th, 2020, 6:34 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Just got my YS640s a few weeks ago. I had concerns about having to move the chimney and point downward every time the cover goes on due to grease running out of the stack and from the stack hole on the cook chamber. I did a 10hr pork butt cook with 5 butts over the weekend and everything came out good, but when I go to cleanup, grease is sitting...pooled up in the elbow of the stack, so of course it runs out when tilted down. I know people have used Nomex gaskets on the stack where it inserts into the chamber and that can help with the drip there. But are you guys experiencing grease when tilting the stack down as well? I would prefer to never have to move the stack and even asked Yoder about a custom cover before buying so the stack wouldn't have to be moved but no luck there. Was pretty much told that the stack tilts down to fit the cover...but it seems by doing that a problem is created. It's not something I can't deal with by putting a towel or can under it, but it still is frustrating. Any insight appreciated...thanks.

Return to ACS Pellet