Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
March 17th, 2020, 6:11 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Herb,

I had installed the new ceramic igniter upgrade on my YS640 (6/18) and it was great. I then installed the new ACS controller upgrade when they first came out and have been very pleased with the performance.

2 cooks ago my igniter failed and will be replacing it when the new one arrives. Here is where the fun begins...in preparation for the install, I removed the two screws holding the old igniter in and when I tried to pull the harness out to unhook the igniter it would not come out. It appears that during the install of the controller that I probably anchored the igniter wires to something. So, I will remove the side cover to free the wires and the harness. So Herb, maybe in the controller install instructions it could mention that the harness and the connectors need to travel freely etc. or some other verbiage. If it mentioned it, I missed it. Only the wires need to be in the C cutout. Thanks for all you do.
Jim

Return to ACS Pellet