Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
February 21st, 2020, 5:12 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hey

I recently purchased a YS480s and love it. However, I noticed that the entire unit is visibly sloping downhill (towards the chimney) by a reasonable amount : it's out between 13 and 17mm per m, depending on where one measures it. The terrace it sits on is also sloping in that direction, but at a lesser rate (about 7mm per m) - so if if that was accounted for, I've still got a downhill slope (to the right) of between 6-10mm per m on the Yoder itself. Is this acceptable? The fact that I get 2 different measurements depending on where I take them (on is atop the closed lid, the other on the bottom shelf just above the wheels) suggests that the entire 'chassis' isn't square.

Please see attached pics.

Matthew
Auckland, New Zealand

Attachments
bottom shelf.JPG
atop lid.JPG
February 21st, 2020, 8:51 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

You should take the level measurement on the lower grate inside the cooker. The cooker is designed to slope toward the chimney to insure that the grease drains away from the firebox, so nothing to worry about.

Yoder_Herb

Return to ACS Pellet