Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
December 23rd, 2019, 9:02 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I am the proud owner of a ys640 for about 6months, the quality of the product I am producing is starting to sway my father inlaw to the "pellet side" .He has a catering business which he uses a custom made crazy big stick smoker setup on a custom trailer he bought out of Texas. It huge , I would say 2 1500sq smokers ,with a vertical smoker above the firebox and a large grill on the other side that goes up and down on a pulley . I can probably get a photo. well long story short he is realizing its massive and the work to keep it up to proper temp etc is a hands on job.After seeing what I'm pulling out with a tenth the effort he is rethinking his approach. I think my current smokes have him convinced to sell it and get a 1500 or a cimmeron .My main question would be how are the pros transporting these? I realize they are on a flatbed trailer of some kind, but are you rolling off a 1500 pound cimmeron to use it?
Yoderherb im sure you will be answering this but what real world capacity difference are you seeing between the two. He just did a wedding for 150 people with tri tip and chicken . I understand anything can be custom built for application, his current rig had too be an easy 12-15k but I know he wants to downsize it just huge. he didn't flinch at the 8k range though . I would love to bring him in the yoder crew any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
thanks Ray

December 24th, 2019, 11:01 am
Site AdminSite Admin

I have hauled the YS1500 thousands of files, and roll it in and out of an enclosed trailer alone, but I am not a small person. It weighs almost 700 pounds.

The Cimarron is much heavier, weighing in under 2000 pounds. Hauling a cooker like this requires a heavier built trailer with a properly designed floor.

Both of these are easily attached to properly built trailers, in a fixed position. The options are limitless, Pellet Cimarron, YS640, YS1500, 24x48 charcoal flattop, offset stick burner, propane burner plates, etc. Give our Sales Team a call at 877.409.6337, option 1, or send them an email at info@yodersmokers.com.

Yoder_Herb
December 27th, 2019, 1:31 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

thanks Herb
I agree I guess if I was him I would do a 1500 and a charcoal tub with a raisable grate . I will have him email.

Return to ACS Pellet