Discuss, share information, ask questions, and show off your expertise on Yoder ACS Pellet Cookers.

Click the links below to go directly to available resources:
**Pellet cookers** - YS480, YS640
**Competition Pellet cookers** - YS480 Comp, YS640 Comp, YS1500 Comp, Cimarron Comp
**Pellet Cooker Warranty**
November 2nd, 2019, 1:25 pm
* Abilene ** Abilene *

I'm on my second cook since installing the ACS retrofit kit. I have my temp set at 210. And in the last hour it has fluctuated from as low as 180 and as high as 257 multiple times. Is this normal? I am burning a brand new bag of lumber jack Hickory pellets. I havent tried this brand before, but I dont believe it to be the pellets, as I have burned several different brands before and havent seen it fluctuate this much. Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks

November 3rd, 2019, 12:44 am
* Cheyenne ** Cheyenne *

So, I had the same experience doing the EXACT same thing, using the same pellets, etc. So, I had an opportunity tonight to do my 2nd cook after the retro and it's like a totally different experience. This cook is like too good to be true. My set temp is 225. ACS shows 218-235. My 3rd party grate probe shows 228. I think you need to let the PID learn how to cook maybe(?) Seriously, I fired this up tonight to get things figured out. My 640 is my winter go-to. I'm officially bored watching it for two hours and am now going to bed.

Moral of the story.... keep your fuel the same, and hopefully the PID will settle in(?) . I really hope that I'm right, because up until 10pm tonight I was feeling the same as you..

Return to ACS Pellet