October 28th, 2014, 11:43 am
* Durnago ** Durnago *

Here is a very non-traditional and rich, cheesy Lasagna that is a big hit here. It's pretty "Americanized", but it's pretty darn good IMO, and everyone that tries it, loves it. Well, almost everyone. There are always exceptions.

Brown 1.5lbs of ground beef with chopped onion and S&P to taste. Meanwhile, boil a 16oz package of Lasagna noodles. In a separate pan (or microwave as I usually do), melt a 16oz package of American Cheese slices and 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup (mushroom haters don't notice it). When melted, you can thin this with a little milk if you feel the need. I usually do just to help it spread a little better, but I use very little milk. I just eyeball it, but I'd guess less than 1/8th cup. When beef is browned, drain, return to pan and add sauce. You have two options here, some like it better one way, others better the other way. (option 1) Add 2 15oz cans of Tomato sauce or (option 2) add 15oz of Tomato sauce, a 15oz. can of diced tomatoes, and a 6oz can of tomato paste and cook until thickened. I also add a few cloves of freshly minced garlic to the sauce.

In a 9x13 pan, layer first meat sauce (just enough to cover the bottom of the pan) 2nd layer is 1/2 of the noodles, 3rd layer is 1/2 of the soup/cheese mix spread, and 4th layer is 4-8oz of grated mozzarella. (I do 8oz per layer). Repeat all four steps using a good amount of the meat sauce this time. However, save just enough meat sauce to cover the top on the final layer so the cheese doesn't burn and the noodles don't dry up. Cook at 350* for 45min to an hour. Let it sit for about 15 minutes or so to cool and to let the cheese set.

In summary.

1.5lbs ground beef
1 Small to Medium Onion (add to taste)
S&P to taste
16oz box of Lasagna
16oz package of American Cheese slices
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
Milk (optional)
30oz of Tomato Sauce or 15oz tomato sauce, 15oz diced tomato, & 6oz tomato paste
Minced Garlic
8-16oz of Mozzarella (your preference)

I also warms over really well, so leftovers make a great lunch at work for a few days.

October 28th, 2014, 1:25 pm
Site AdminSite Admin

My phone didn't ring!

Yoder_Herb

Return to Pasta and Casseroles