November 6th, 2023, 5:27 am
* Abilene ** Abilene *

Hi. Anyone here like Mexican Cuisine? I bet most of you heard about Tacos al pastor. Today, al pastor is one of the most popular types of tacos in Mexico and is enjoyed around the world. Check what else is trending is Mexican Cuisine
Coming to Tacos al pastor, Tacos al pastor are made with thin slices of pork that are marinated in a spicy and fruity sauce, then cooked on a vertical spit called a trompo, and served on corn tortillas with pineapple, onion, cilantro, and salsa. They are a fusion of Lebanese and Mexican flavors, and they are absolutely amazing.
However, you don’t need a trompo to make tacos al pastor at home. You can use your Yoder Smoker to grill the pork and get a similar result.
1. First, you need to make the marinade. You will need some dried guajillo and ancho chiles, a tomato, some pineapple, orange juice, vinegar, onion, garlic, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, salt, cumin, cloves, and oregano.
2. Next, you need to slice the pork. You can use boneless pork shoulder, which is a tender and flavorful cut. You want to slice it as thinly as possible, about 1/8 inch thick. You can use a sharp knife or a meat slicer for this. You will need about 2 pounds of pork for 10 servings.
3. Then, you need to marinate the pork. You can use a large ziplock bag or a baking dish for this. Pour the marinade over the pork and make sure every slice is well coated. Refrigerate the pork for at least 4 hours, or up to overnight, to let the flavors penetrate the meat.
4. After marinating, you need to grill the pork. You can use your Yoder Smoker to create a high-heat zone and a low-heat zone. Preheat your smoker to about 400°F and set up the heat zones by placing the charcoal on one side of the grill. You want to cook the pork on the high-heat zone first, to sear the outside and create some charred spots. Then, you want to move the pork to the low-heat zone, to finish cooking the inside and keep it moist. You can also grill some pineapple slices on the high-heat zone, to add some sweetness and acidity to the tacos.
5. Finally, you need to chop and serve the pork. You can use a large cutting board and a cleaver for this. You want to chop the pork into small pieces, about 1/4 inch thick. You can also chop the grilled pineapple into smaller chunks. You can serve the pork and the pineapple on warm corn tortillas, topped with chopped onion, cilantro, and your favorite salsa. You can also squeeze some lime juice over the tacos for some extra freshness.
And that’s it! You have just made some amazing tacos al pastor at home, using your Yoder Smoker. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. They are perfect for a family dinner, a party, or a snack. Let me know how they turn out. Bon appétit!

Return to Appetizers